Serving Western Colorado
When you are faced with a divorce, even if it is a welcome and necessary event, there is no doubt that you will experience a certain amount of sadness, confusion and uncertainty. As your divorce attorney, I can assure you that I will take care of the range of legal issues before you, allowing you the time and space that you need to work through your emotions. I offer a comprehensive family law practice dedicated mostly to divorce and its related issues.
At the law offices of Mark S. Rubinstein, P.C., I provide accessible and knowledgeable legal services. You can contact me, a family law attorney, at any time to discuss your case. If needed, I can even travel to meet you. I have more than 24 years of experience as an attorney and am well-prepared to advocate for your rights.
What Is Your Family Law Need?
- Contested and uncontested divorce: In a contested divorce, the parties disagree on at least one of the major issues. In an uncontested divorce, the parties agree on all of the major issues. In either type of divorce, an attorney can play a key role in ensuring that your rights and your future are protected.
- Child custody and visitation: I consistently safeguard the best interests of your child or children while recognizing that you have certain goals regarding the care and custody of your child or children. I know that you want to spend as much meaningful, quality time with them, and I seek custody and visitation agreements in support of that goal.
- Child support: In Colorado, child support is calculated using statutory guidelines. The calculation takes into account the income of each parent, the number of children, day care costs, health care costs and other items. If you will be paying support or if you will be receiving support on behalf of your child or children, I can ensure that the amount is determined in a fair and appropriate manner.
- Property division: Before property, assets and debts are divided, they must be categorized as either marital property or separate property. Marital property is property that was acquired during the marriage and will be subject to division. Marital property can include your home, cars, retirement accounts, business interests and real estate property. I can efficiently determine the category of the property and guide you toward a reasonable division of the property.
- Spousal maintenance: While spousal maintenance is not always awarded, it can be, and even then it is usually on a temporary basis. I represent people who are responsible for paying maintenance and those who will receive it.
Contact Me to Speak With a Divorce Lawyer
As a sole practitioner, I am able to give your case my undivided attention. I represent you from the beginning of your divorce to the end, ensuring that along the way, I am responsive to your questions. I serve clients all across Western Colorado. If you need more information about divorce or the process ahead of you, let’s talk. Please contact me online, call me locally at 970-704-0888 or call me toll free at 1-855-704-0888 to schedule a free initial consultation.