Dedicated Grand Junction Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Victims in Western Colorado
A serious accident can explode into your life like a hidden land mine, striking without warning and bringing much of your life down with it. As the shock and pain begin to subside, you may begin thinking about the other side of the coin – the fact that you are building up major medical expenses, even as you are losing work time while trying to recover from your injuries. It is important that you consult with an experienced and proven Grand Junction Personal Injury Lawyer as soon as possible.
The aspect of a serious injury that hits many people the hardest, however, is the bitter knowledge that none of it would have happened but for the carelessness or wrongful conduct of the party that caused the accident. Fighting for justice while laid up in the hospital can seem like an impossible undertaking – unless you have a seasoned advocate on your side.
You Can Fight Back
My name is Mark S. Rubinstein, and I have been practicing law in Colorado for nearly 25 years. It is my mission to fight for justice for people like you, and I take that mission seriously. I stand ready to fight for the justice you deserve.
Since I have worked as an insurance company defense lawyer, I am quite familiar with the strategies and tactics they use to deny or minimize a legitimate personal injury claim, and I know how just how to counter them. I am so confident in my ability to press your claim that I make this promise: If I don’t obtain compensation for you, you will owe nothing for my services.
What My Clients Have to Say
“Mark, an excellent result indeed! I really appreciate it. More importantly, thank you for getting this result! Best of luck to you and your family, see you on the slopes! All the best.” – R.M., January 13, 2016
Areas of Law I Practice In
- DUI Defense: Depending on the circumstances, I can help you stay out of jail, keep your license, negotiate a favorable plea bargain, or even win an acquittal.
- Product Liability: When you are injured by a defective product, whether a malfunctioning airbag or a dangerous prescription drug, you can hold the manufacturer liable for full compensation.
- Wrongful Death: A negligence claim does not die when the victim of the injury passes away. Instead, a personal injury claim becomes a wrongful death claim in favor of certain close relatives.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Motor vehicle accidents kill hundreds of Colorado drivers every year and injure thousands more. I handle car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and even pedestrian accidents.
- Criminal Defense: I represent clients for felony and misdemeanor charges in both the state and federal courts. I have worked out plea bargains with most of the local prosecutors, and I have won acquittals for many of my clients.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim arises when someone else’s wrongful conduct physically injures you. You can sue a careless driver, for example, a mugger, or even a doctor who provides inadequate medical treatment. The four elements of a personal injury claim are:
- duty (the duty to drive carefully, for example);
- breach of duty;
- the breach of duty caused your injury; and
- physical injury.
Why can’t I just settle my claim without going to court?
You probably will. Over 90 percent of personal injury claims are settled outside of court. In some cases, however, you might have to file a lawsuit just to “light a fire” under the defendant and pressure him or her to settle. You can withdraw a lawsuit as soon as you reach a settlement.
How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit?
In Colorado, you have:
- two years from the date of any injury caused by negligence (other than a motor vehicle accident injury);
- three years from the date of a motor vehicle accident injury;
- one year from the date of an intentional assault; and
- two years from the date of death, if someone died in the accident.
How can I be assured that my communications with you will be kept confidential?
Colorado requires its lawyers to keep attorney-client communications in absolute confidence. I cannot reveal anything you tell me to a third party unless you give me your permission (and I wouldn’t violate your confidence even if I could). Even if a third party somehow breached our confidence, the information couldn’t be used against you in court.
Contact a Grand Junction Personal Injury Attorney Today
I am not a faceless attorney juggling dozens of cases at a time for some giant mega-firm. My status as a sole practitioner gives me the luxury of complete concentration on the cases of a small number of clients, and that’s just the way I like it. At my office, your injury is my injury; your quest for justice is my personal responsibility.
I realize that as a personal injury victim, you may not be mobile enough to come to my office. If you cannot come to my office, I will be happy to come to you – anywhere you may be in Western Colorado. I will also give you my personal cell phone number.
If you have suffered a personal injury anywhere in Western Colorado, or if you live or work there, call me, an experienced Grand Junction Personal Injury Lawyer, today at (970) 704-0888, or contact me online for a free initial case consultation.