Knowledgeable Aspen Criminal Defense Attorney Ready To Serve You
The criminal justice system can be complex and frightening, and no one should ever have to face charges alone. It is important to remember that, as a defendant, you have rights, and your attorney’s job is to protect those rights and aggressively fight for your future. The Aspen criminal defense lawyer you choose to represent you can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Likewise, if you have been injured through someone else’s negligence, you need an experienced personal injury attorney protecting your interests. Insurance companies are in business for profit and are primarily protecting their own bottom line. Your personal injury lawyer can help ensure that responsible parties are held accountable, and fight for the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive.
Why Hire Mark S. Rubinstein, P.C.?
At Mark S. Rubinstein, P.C., we have focused our practice exclusively on criminal defense and personal injury matters, resulting in a large knowledge base in those professional areas. Mr. Rubinstein is always available to his clients and will always give your case his full, personalized attention. He genuinely cares about his clients’ legal concerns and will work hard to protect their rights and interests.
With 22 years of professional experience in the mountain communities of Colorado, Mark Rubinstein personally works through all of his cases instead of using paralegals or associates as some legal teams do. His former practice in a large insurance defense firm has given him a distinct advantage in personal injury matters. For more than 4 years, he worked within the Denver Drug Court Project, a court devoted 100% to drug offense cases, which makes him uniquely qualified as a drug defense lawyer.
Areas of Practice
Mark S. Rubinstein, P.C. is a practice dedicated to helping Colorado people arrested or charged in criminal matters or suffering injuries caused by others. We defend clients in a range of criminal charges, including:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol: DUI can have serious consequences, both in the present and the future, including fines and license suspension or revocation, and a criminal record that can affect your employment prospects in the future.
- Driving under the influence of drugs: Although it is now legal in Colorado for people 21 or older to buy and use marijuana for recreational use, it is still illegal to drive with 5 nanograms or more of THC in your system.
- Traffic offenses: This includes habitual traffic offenders, driving under revocation or suspension, failure to report an accident, reckless or careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, and eluding a police officer.
- Drug offenses: We provide outstanding criminal defense against drug possession, distribution, manufacturing, trafficking, and cultivation charges.
- Assault and battery: These charges are serious and require serious defense. Our experienced Aspen criminal defense attorney handles first, second, and third degree assault charges, as well as charges of battery.
- Domestic violence: Charges of domestic violence are not limited to spousal abuse. They can be brought between partners, family members, and anyone in close domestic relationships. These charges can include accusations of harassment, stalking, threats, child abuse, and assault.
- Fraud and embezzlement: Not only do charges of fraud or embezzlement carry serious criminal penalties, including jail time and restitution, but they can also ruin your professional reputation. Mark Rubinstein can provide dedicated defense against these serious charges.
- Burglary and theft: Theft offenses, including shoplifting, can be charged as felonies, depending on the value of the property alleged to have been stolen. At Mark S. Rubinstein, P.C., we have more than two decades of theft defense experience.
We are also committed to helping injured Aspen and Pitkin County residents recover the compensation they need and deserve after serious injuries caused by the negligence of others. Personal injury matters we handle include:
- Automobile accidents: Traffic crashes are a fact of life. According to Colorado State Patrol statistics, there were 2,388 fatal and injury crashes statewide between January 1 and August 31 in 2015.
- Motorcycle accidents: Most motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers. Riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle and can be seriously injured in a traffic crash.
- Bicycle accidents: As reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, (CDC) although bicyclists account for only 1% of all trips taken in the nation, they face a higher risk of injury or death in a traffic accident than occupants of motor vehicles.
- Pedestrian accidents: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), on average in the U.S., 13 pedestrians were killed and 181 were injured every day in a recent year.
- Defective products: Product and manufacturing defects can result in serious injury or wrongful death for consumers who use those products.
- Premises liability accidents: Property owners have a duty to maintain their property reasonably free of hazards, and when they fail to do so, they may be held accountable for the harm that results.
Legal Help in Aspen and Pitkin County, CO
If you have been charged with a crime or suffered serious personal injury in Aspen or anywhere in Pitkin County, you will find an experienced and dedicated legal advocate at the law offices of Mark S. Rubinstein, P.C., with unique qualifications in the practice areas of personal injury and criminal defense. Mark Rubinstein can provide high quality representation in your case from beginning to end — from negotiations through to trial or appeal.
Do not face criminal charges or deal with serious personal injury on your own. Contact us for the legal help you need. If you are unable to come to our offices, Mr. Rubinstein can arrange to travel to your location.
Our Pitkin County Office in Aspen, Colorado
The City of Aspen was originally a mining camp in the Colorado Silver Boom days. It took its name from the abundance of aspen trees in the area. Aspen’s population grew to 12,000 in the 1890s. Although its population and prosperity declined after the silver bust of the early 1900s, the city’s fortunes reversed in the 1940s when Aspen Mountain became a ski resort.
With an estimated population of 6,804 in 2014, as reported by the U.S. Census Bureau, Aspen is home to a number of movie stars, musicians, and corporate executives, and property values are high. With the Aspen Skiing Company’s four ski areas and outdoor recreation in the White River National Forest, it continues to be a popular destination for tourists in both summer and winter.
Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley/Pitkin County Office
0133 Prospector Rd #4102Y
Aspen, CO 81611
Aspen Law Office Map