Colorado Auto Accident Lawyer Serving Western Colorado
An auto accident can turn your life upside down in a number of ways. In addition to the shock and confusion of a sudden and unexpected impact, you may suffer immense physical pain and even long-term disability. To add insult to injury, you are likely to find medical bills rolling in just as your income declines due to lost work time.
For many people, the most troubling aspect of this entire scenario is the sickening realization that all this hardship was the completely avoidable result of some else’s carelessness or even malevolence. When this happens, justice demands that you be fairly compensated.
Full Compensation is Your Legal Right
My name is Mark S. Rubinstein. It is my job to fight for the rights of people just like you, and I have been doing exactly that for decades now. I am a fighter, by nature and by training, and I am not afraid to take on evasive defendants and giant insurance companies. I will work out a timely out-of-court settlement for you if I can, but I will not hesitate to slug it out in court for you, should that become necessary.
I will examine your medical records and will meticulously reconstruct your accident to determine the cause of your injury and the nature of the collision. I am so confident in my ability to win compensation for you that I will charge you nothing at all for my services unless I do.
What My Clients Say
“I’d like to thank you for an exemplary job representing me at trial earlier this week. It is because of your hard work and effort that I fared the way I did. My hat is off to you” – J.W. January 29, 2016
Areas of Law I Practice
- Personal Injury: Personal injury claims encompass auto accidents, slip and fall claims, medical malpractice, and even liability for a defective product that injures you.
- Wrongful Death: A wrongful death claim is asserted by a close relative of someone killed in an accident caused by someone else. Compensation can be substantial.
- DUI Defense: I can help you win an acquittal, a favorable plea bargain, or an alternative to jail time for DUI, DWAI, and DUID.
- Semi-Truck Accidents: Large 18-wheeler trucks have a hard time seeing cars and motorcycles, especially on the I-70 corridor and the mountain passes. Death and serious injury are a tragically common result.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are my compensation options in the event of a hit and run accident?
Your main options are as follows:
- File a claim against the hit and run driver or his or her auto insurance policy.
- If the driver cannot be located, you can file a claim against your own uninsured motorist policy.
- Depending on the terms of your policy, you might have other insurance that applies.
If my loved one is killed in an auto accident, can I file a lawsuit on his or her behalf?
It depends on your relationship with the victim:
- If you are the spouse of the victim, you may file a wrongful death lawsuit on your own behalf.
- In the second year after the accident, the victim’s children may file a wrongful death lawsuit as well.
- If the victim has no surviving spouse or children, the victim’s parents can file the lawsuit.
Will I lose my claim if the accident was partly my fault?
Under Colorado comparative negligence principles, you will still have a personal injury claim as long as your negligence was less than the defendant’s negligence. The amount of your compensation, however, will be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault. The court will determine your degree of fault based on the evidence presented at trial.
Does Colorado have a “dram shop law”?
Yes, it does. If a nightclub sells alcohol to a minor (under 21) or to a visibly intoxicated customer who then proceeds to injure you, you may have a dram shop law claim against the nightclub. Even if the drunk driver’s insurance policy cannot cover the full amount of your claim, the nightclub may be able to do so.
Are there any special considerations if I am hit by a commercial driver?
Sometimes. If the commercial driver is an employee of a company (rather than an independent contractor), you may be able to file a claim against the company as well. It might also be easier to prove liability by showing that the commercial driver violated safety regulations applicable to commercial drivers.
Start Fighting Back Today
I am a sole practitioner, and I will take your case personally – as if it were me instead of you who has been injured. With nearly a quarter-century of experience as a personal injury lawyer, there isn’t much that can happen, either in court or at the settlement table, that I haven’t seen before.
I understand that you may not be in a position to come to my office for a consultation, which is why I will be happy to meet you at the location of your choosing. I will even give you my personal cell phone number to make sure that you can always contact me with your questions and concerns.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Western Colorado, or if you live or work there, call me today at (970) 704-0888 or contact me online for a free initial evaluation of your claim.