A criminal conviction on your record can have a negative impact on your future prospects, in addition to serious penalties you may be facing, such as jail time and heavy fines. Choosing a trusted Grand Junction and Mesa County criminal defense lawyer to represent you could be one of the most important decisions you will make.
If you have sustained serious injuries or lost a loved one in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you will need to recover damages to cover your medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other losses. The lawyer you choose to negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf or fight for your rights in court can make a difference in the settlement or award you receive.
Why Choose Us as Your Grand Junction and Mesa County Criminal Defense Attorney?
At the law offices of Mark S. Rubinstein, P.C., we have devoted our practice to criminal defense and personal injury matters, and we are well-versed in those practice areas. Let us put our 22 years of legal experience in the mountain communities of Colorado to work for you.
Mark S. Rubinstein, the most trusted Grand Junction and Mesa County criminal defense lawyer, gives each of his cases individualized attention, and he is always available to his clients, day or night. He even provides his clients with his person cell phone number. Mr. Rubinstein works his cases personally, instead of giving the work to a paralegal or associate as in some law firms. You can have confidence that he will work tirelessly to resolve your legal issues.
Practice Areas We Handle
Your Grand Junction and Mesa County criminal defense lawyer, Mark Rubinstein, is experienced in a range of criminal matters, including:
- DUI: Conviction of driving under the influence of alcohol can result in criminal penalties and suspension or revocation of your driver’s license. It makes sense to retain a DUI lawyer right away and fight the charges.
- DUID: Driving under the influence of drugs also carries serious penalties, including possible jail time. Mark Rubinstein has experience defending clients against these charges.
- Traffic offenses: We can defend you in serious traffic offense matters, such as driving with a revoked or suspended license, eluding a police officer, failure to report an accident, habitual traffic offender, reckless or careless driving, or leaving the scene of an accident.
- Domestic violence: Charges in domestic violence cases should be taken seriously, as conviction can result in jail time and fines and leave you with a criminal record.
- Drug offenses: After working more than 4 years with the Denver Drug Court Project, Mark Rubinstein is uniquely qualified to defend you against all types of drug charges, including possession, distribution, trafficking, manufacturing, and cultivation.
- Burglary and theft: The penalties you are facing if you are charged with a theft crime depend on the amount you are accused of stealing. With theft of property valued at $500 to $1,000, possible penalties are 6-18 months in jail and $500 to $5,000 in fines.
- Assault and battery: These charges can arise out of situations that occur anywhere — on the street, in a bar, in a private home — that typically begin as verbal disputes and escalate.
- Fraud and embezzlement: If you are under investigation for a white collar crime such as fraud or embezzlement, retain an attorney immediately. Acting without a lawyer even before you are charged can do irreparable damage to your case.
We also handle a range of personal injury matters, including:
- Car crashes: Automobile accidents can happen no matter how diligently you drive. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports than on average, 90 people were killed every day in traffic crashes in the U.S. in a recent year.
- Bicycle accidents: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), 741 bicyclists died in collisions with motor vehicles in a recent year.
- Pedestrian accidents: Alcohol consumption on the part of either the driver or the pedestrian was involved in 49% of all pedestrian fatality crashes in a recent year, as reported by NHTSA.
- Motorcycle accidents: When a motorcycle comes to a sudden stop in a collision, the rider is often ejected from the bike and can sustain serious injuries when colliding with the ground or objects in the rider’s pathway.
- Premises liability accidents: Premises liability claims arise when property owners allow hazardous conditions to exist on a property that result in serious injury to others. Examples include slip and fall accidents, dog bites, elevator accidents, and swimming pool drownings.
- Product liability cases: Dangerous and defective products, including dangerous medical devices, defective auto parts, and dangerous children’s products harm consumers every day.
Call Mark S. Rubinstein for the Legal Help You Need
After a serious personal injury or serious criminal allegations it is in your best interests to contact us as soon as possible. When you call the law offices of Mark S. Rubinstein, P.C., you can have confidence that your case will receive the attention it deserves from a skilled and experienced Grand Junction and Mesa County criminal defense lawyer. If you are unable to come to us, Mark Rubinstein will go to you.
Our Mesa County Office in Grand Junction, Colorado
Grand Junction/Mesa County Office
300 Main St #301
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Grand Junction, Colorado is nicknamed “River City” because of its location at the junction of the Gunnison River with the Colorado River, formerly known as the Grand River. The city has an estimated population of 60,210. It is situated roughly in the center of the Grand Valley, an area of red rock landscape and awe-inspiring beauty. Among other attractions, it is the home of 20 wineries.